Kudos Research is a leading specialist data-collection agency, providing international telephone and online market research globally from offices in London, UK. We work for many of the world's leading business organisations and market research agencies, providing data which helps inform clients’ business strategy and focus in developing and improving products and services for their customers.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us and that we collect. We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of your personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that the privacy of visitors to our website is protected. This policy also sets out how we collect, use and protect personal data submitted through this website. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
The Data Protection Officer, Andy Dallas, is responsible for ensuring that this policy is made available to individuals prior to Cello Health collecting and processing personal information.
All employees of Cello Health who interact with individuals are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the individuals’ attention.
If you have any queries about this policy or your personal information, the Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
11-13 Charterhouse Buildings
London EC1M 7AP
Phone: +44 (0)20 7608 9300
Through this website and in the telephone and online research we conduct, Kudos Research may collect information that can specifically identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address when you voluntarily submit it to us.
- We collect your contact information such as full name, company name, email address, postal address and telephone number when you email or call us with an enquiry or an application for work
- We may be passed information, lawfully collected by our clients, who want us to ask you whether you would like to participate in market research. This information may include your full name, job title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and may also include information about your area of specialisation, etc.
- We may also collect your details from publically available sources or purchase lists from suppliers operating within data protection regulations
- When we conduct market research we may collect additional information from you, only ever with your consent. You will be provided with the full details of the information we wish to collect at the time we ask for your consent
- In addition to the above, we collect information automatically about your visit to our website. Please see our Cookies Section for more details
The personal information we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Conducting market research surveys. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail and will always ask for your consent to do so.
- Payment of incentives
- To verify the responses you provided us with, in a recent market research study
- Dealing with enquiries and requests about our services submitted to us via email or phone
- Internal record keeping
- To help enhance and improve our services
- To respond to duly authorised information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law
- To investigate suspected fraudulent activity in connection with the website or violation of another party’s rights
- To respond to requests you may make of us, including to provide services that you have requested and participate in activities that you have joined
- To contact you and/or provide you with general information as well as information about our services from time to time using the contact information which you have provided
- To assess applications for jobs we have on offer
Our legal basis for processing of your personal information is:
- Where you have given consent for the processing of data for a specific purpose
- Processing is necessary to meet contractual obligations entered into by you
- Processing is necessary for purposes of legitimate interest pursued by our company but are in relation to goods and services that you use in your role, or are in relation to your application for a job
The legitimate interests pursued by us are as follows:
- In response to an enquiry from you about our good and services
- For the purpose of promoting our goods and service via direct marketing which are applicable to you in your role. We will always confirm how your personal information was obtained and always offer an opt-out of marketing communications
- Enquiring about your goods and services which are applicable to our company or our clients
- We will always confirm how your personal information was obtained and always offer an opt-out of marketing communications
- In response to your application for a job that we have advertised or contacted you about
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal or transactional information stored on our website and systems. For more information on how we protect your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (contact details at the top of the page).
We believe in being open, honest and transparent with our clients and suppliers and want you to feel comfortable about your decision to give us your personal information and how we use it.
We only conduct market research, and your participation in our research studies will never result in a sales or marketing follow up from ourselves, our clients, or any third party. Please be assured that we will take appropriate measures to keep your personal information safe and secure and we promise not to over contact.
We will never pass your personal information on to other organisations for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
However, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To third parties who provide a service to us such as market research fieldwork agencies, email services providers or data processors. We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we make sure that appropriate controls are in place. We enter into contracts with all our third parties and regularly monitor their activities to ensure they are complying with our policies and procedures
- To third party client companies. We will have strict agreements with these companies to limit what they can do with the data we give them. We will always ask for your consent before passing on your personal information in this way
- Where we are under duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with the law or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your written consent
We keep personal data of telephone survey participants for up to 3 years or up to 7 years in the case of employees/workers in order to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required or is no longer relevant, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We record calls made to and from our office for quality control and validation purposes. This is a very important tool as it enables us to check that calls made by our teams are conducted in accordance with briefing & quality guidelines and the relevant codes of conduct. It also enables us to ensure all information captured is full and complete.
We will always ask for your consent to call recording at the start of any interview to confirm that you are happy for the call to be recorded.All recordings are stored securely and are held for a maximum of 3 years.
Personal Identifiable Data (PID) is stored for a maximum of 3 years and will deleted after this period unless prior permission has been received (e.g. if you have elected to be a member of one of our panels and complete periodic research for us on an ongoing basis).
We work with, and collect data on behalf of, clients both within and outside the EEA so the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
On certain market research studies, we offer an incentive for participation. These are typically processed once the project has been completed. Incentives are administered by Kudos Research staff. In order to administer the incentives we may need to collect your email address in order to process the payment (e.g. in the form of an Amazon voucher, or PayPal payment). All incentives are processed in-house from our offices in the UK.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instructions on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note however that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
We use Google Analytics to provide this service, which uses first party cookies. The data collected is not shared with any other party.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics using the Opt Out Browser Add-On from Google.
More information about Google Analytics
The information we get through the use of these cookies is anonymised and we make no attempt to identify you or influence your experience of the site while you are visiting it. If you do not allow these cookies we will not be able to include your visit in our statistics.
If you have used a Do Not Track browser setting, we take this as a sign that you do not want to allow these cookies, and they will be blocked.
We use the following first-party cookies on our site:
- __utma stores the number of visits (for each visitor), the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit
- __utmb and __utmc are used to check approximately how fast people leave: when a visit starts, and approximately end
- __utmz records whether the visitor came from a search engine (and if so, the search keyword used), a link, or from no previous page (e.g. a bookmark)
- __utmt Indicates the type of request, which is one of: event, transaction, item, or custom variable
- __utmv is used for user-custom variables in Analytics
At any point while we are in possession of your personal information, you have the following rights:
- The right to access your personal information
- The right to edit and update your personal information
- The right to request to have your personal information deleted
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to object
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
To exercise any of these rights please submit your request to:
4 Cam Road
London E15 2SN
The right to access your personal information
You have the right to obtain confirmation that your personal information is being processed by us. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we hold.
If you wish to make a request to see your personal information, you can complete the Subject Access Request Form. Alternatively, please ensure you provide us with all the requested information in an alternative format to help us locate your records.
We will provide a copy of your personal information within 30 days of receiving the written request. Should you wish to exercise these rights we require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification (photo ID and proof of address such as utility bill).If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email the addresses above.
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. We make reasonable efforts to keep personal data in our possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If you believe that any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email the addresses above.The right to request to have your personal information deleted
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information which we will review on a case by case basis. Should you wish to exercise this right please either write to or email the addresses above.
Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. Any changes you have requested may take up to 28 days before they take effect so you may receive communication within this period.The right to restrict processing of your personal information
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal information. However, we will continue to store your data, but not process it any further. We do this by retaining just enough of your personal information so we can ensure that the restriction is respected in the future.
Should you wish to exercise these rights please either write to or email the addresses above.
Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. Any changes you have requested may take up to 28 days before they take effect.The right to object
You have the right to object to your personal information being processed, to marketing (including profiling) and for research purposes. From the very first communication from us and every marketing communication we send subsequently, you will have the right to object to marketing.
Alternatively, you can exercise this right by either writing to or emailing the addresses above.
Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. Any changes you have requested may take up to 28 days before they take effect.
If we process your personal information for the exercise or defence of legal claims or we can demonstrate compelling grounds that override your rights and freedoms we may not be able to fulfil your request. However, we will contact you to discuss further.Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Kudos Research tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
If you have any concerns, enquiries or wish to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact our appointed group level Data Protection Officer:
11-13 Charterhouse Buildings
London EC1M 7AP
Phone: +44 (0)20 7608 9300
We will always try to address any complaints or queries that you may have about the treatment of your personal data. If, however, you have reason to believe that we have not handled your complaint fairly, or are not satisfied with our response, then you can elect to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, the UK’s Data Protection Supervisory Authority or with the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
The Office of the Information Commissioner
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Phone: +44 (0) 01625 545 745
Signing up to become part of our Panel allows you access to market research surveys as well as eligibility to receive invitations to participate in market research surveys in the event such opportunities arise. Participation in our Panel is free. Once you sign up to participate in our Panel, Kudos Research and Kudos Health Research may contact you multiple times via all contact information that you provide to us.
If you are a physician or other health care professional (HCP) registering to participate in surveys, you represent and warrant that you are a qualified and practicing or otherwise a licensed physician or health care provider. If you are a physician or other health care professional, you further represent and warrant that you will comply with all laws, regulations and professional standards directly or indirectly applicable to you, including without limitation those relating to the gathering, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure, maintenance, and storage of patient information, including EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), UK Data Protection Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act ("HITECH"), and all related regulations.
Panel Members are permitted to have only 1 (one) account. They are responsible for each and every access or use of the Panel Site that occurs in conjunction with use of their username and password. Use of members’ username and password is conclusive evidence that they have accessed the Membership sections of the Site. Members’ must keep their username and password confidential. Kudos Research will not be responsible for any loss incurred through the use of members’ password by a third party.
If you agree to become a Panel Member, you may be asked to provide certain personal information to us (Member Information). You promise that the Member Information you provide is true, accurate and complete. Kudos Research will also track participation in surveys to ensure that we can invite you to relevant research surveys. The information you provide will not be used for selling or marketing to you and only Kudos Research have access to your personal information. If our end clients wish to use the information for any other purposes not listed here your permission will be sought prior to its use. We do not send unsolicited mail or pass on email addresses to others for this purpose.
You must not allow any third party to access the Site using your username and password and make use of the Site on your behalf.
Members do not have an automatic entitlement to Membership and Kudos Research may, at its sole discretion, elect to:
- Refuse your request as Membership or
- Grant, suspend, terminate or restrict your Membership at any time, including but not limited to the occurrence of incident reason as mentioned in above pointers.
- The Sites will usually be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week or as otherwise stated on the Site.
INACTIVE MEMBER ACCOUNTS
Kudos Research may close your account if it is inactive for a period of 12 months.
Kudos Research may terminate your membership of the Kudos Research Panel program if it considers that you have abused your membership including for the following reasons:
- Giving false or misleading information in your Member profile.
- Creating multiple Panel accounts.
- Taking the same survey or other similar activities on Site more than once.
- Taking a survey, not qualifying, then taking the same survey again with knowledge of how to get through the qualifying process.
- Telling another Member how to get through the survey qualifying process
- Intentionally giving faulty responses on a survey.
- Completing a survey so quickly that Kudos Health Research Panel takes the view that you would not have been physically able to read the questions.
- Using usernames or e-mail addresses in your Member profile that Kudos Research considers are indecent.
- If you are unable to answer profile verification questions.
- It is the responsibility of each individual to ensure that the Personal Information relating to them is accurate, complete and current.
If you no longer wish to be a member of the Panel, you may request to be removed from the Panel at any time. You can request your personal details to be removed from the KUDOS RESEARCH PANEL active database and to have your participation in the Panel terminated by:
- accessing the ‘unsubscribe' link in each e-mail received from us
- accessing your personal member pages and selecting to be removed (where applicable)
Failure to follow the stated procedure correctly may result in delay in the removal of your information from our databases. Your removal request will be dealt with promptly. However, there may be a gap of up to 1 month between your request to be removed and the cessation of the receipt of any further e-mails from KUDOS RESEARCH PANEL(s).
KUDOS RESEARCH reserves the right to suspend or cancel panel participation, together with any outstanding honoraria or incentives, if applicable, if one of the following events occurs:
- You misuse your membership on the panel or use it for any improper purpose
- Any activities on your account(s) or your participant responses to surveys are subject to investigation in regards to data integrity, reliability or validity
- KUDOS RESEARCH’s right to process and use any information necessary to run the Panel is legally withdrawn, by law or otherwise.
HONORARIA AND INCENTIVES BALANCES
Incentives as a thank you for participation
Should you participate as a Panel member to respond to surveys, you may be entitled to honoraria or incentives for completed participation, depending upon the specifics of the survey. The value of your honorarium or incentive, communicated to you prior to survey participation, is dependent on multiple factors, such as the length of the survey and the complexity of the research project, the type of survey, and any local regulations in your jurisdiction. Upon completion of a survey for which you are entitled to an honorarium or incentive. Kudos Research offers in most cases Amazon vouchers, PayPal payments or charity donations to participants.
You are responsible to notify Kudos Research if you do not receive an honorarium or incentive that you believe you are due, within 6 months of completion of the applicable survey. Failing to do so may further delay or result in the waiver of your payment. Kudos Research shall not be liable for any losses suffered due to any errors in the administration of honoraria or incentive due to incorrect payment details that you provide to Kudos Research.
You are responsible to declare any taxes, if due, to your local financial authorities as a result of honoraria or incentives that you receive as further set forth below. Kudos Research will not be liable for any taxes or for providing any assistance on tax matters.